EnAct Community Action
Address: 201 2nd Avenue, Montgomery, WV 25136
Services: EnAct Community Action works in partnership with the WV Regional Workforce Investment Boards, WV Bureau of Employment Programs, and the Workforce West Virginia Centers. EnAct Community Action’s staff assists in resume development, scheduling clients for job referrals job training, and job placement.
Are you in need of a Resume due to unemployment or are you seeking better more secure employment? Let our Family Service Coordinators assist you with that.
Jobs & Hope West Virginia
Services: Jobs & Hope WV is a beginning-to-end program that allows an individual to receive free addiction treatment while at the same time receiving free career technical education. All West Virginians are welcome to receive free additional training and certification whether you have a drug issue or not.
The process includes Treatment – Training – Workforce & Ongoing Support
- Individual receiving treatment for substance use disorder is determined to be ready for career training.
- Transition agent is assigned to each participant to conduct a needs assessment and build a personalized plan for each participant outlining education and career opportunities.
- If applicable, participant completes a 30-day job readiness and basic life skills training resulting in basic certifications such as food handlers card, safety/customer service and entry level hospitality. Transition agent will also assist participants wishing to earn their High School Equivalency.
- Participants may pursue advanced career certifications at local adult and career training centers, Community & Technical Colleges, or through programs offered by the West Virginia National Guard and Department of Transportation.
- WorkForce West Virginia and Division of Rehabilitation Services will collaborate to assist participant with job identification and placement.
- If applicable, participant receives a one-time expungement for non-violent misdemeanor offense and signs a contract as a condition of expungement to agree to regular/random drug testing.
- Participant enters the workforce and receives ongoing support from transition agent and/or the West Virginia Department of Health & Human Resources to ensure success.
Address: PO Box 3015, 613 South Kanawha Street, Beckley, WV 24801
Empowered Employment is a 26 week program through Workforce WV in which its participants who are in recovery have the opportunity to learn new skill sets and to exercise old ones in a workplace setting. This program also includes the study and completion of a curriculum which is designed to address seven foundational building blocks of workplace skills and work ethics. As a participant host site for Empowered Employment, One Voice, Inc. endeavors to provide opportunities for the development of leadership and organizational skills, personal responsibility, and the growth and development in self-confidence, positive attitudes, and strong work ethics.
WorkForce West Virginia
Address: 300 New River Town Center, Beckley WV 25802
WorkForce West Virginia is a one-stop center for workforce resources, including the following services:
Job Seeker Services include referrals to job opportunities, career counseling, resume services, training/education resources and funding.
Veterans Services ensure that qualified veterans have priority consideration in job opportunities.
Dislocated Workers Services provide on-site assistance to workers & employers who experience mass dislocations through rapid response services, administration of Trade Adjustment Assistance training program, assistance with Work Opportunity Tax credits for hiring employees from target populations.
Employer Services include recruitment and screening assistance, training award information, Governor’s Guaranteed Workforce Program, and tax credit information.
Unemployment Compensation services administer benefits to claimants and employer contributions to the program.
Labor Market Information tracks employment data and trends.