Ansted Ministry Center
Address: PO Box 251, Ansted WV 25812
Services: Basic food items and limited cleaning supplies. Used clothing
Believers Under Grace
Address: 98 Buzzy Street, Oak Hill, WV 25901
EnAct Community Action
Address: 201 2nd Avenue, Montgomery, WV 25136
- Community Action Agencies
- Employment Preparation
- Food Pantries
- Glasses/Contact Lenses
- Home Maintenance and Minor Repair Service
- Housing Expense Assistance
- Information and Referral
- Prescription Expense Assistance
- Tax Preparation Assistance
- Utility Assistance
Falls View Presbyterian Church
Address: Route 60 Charlton Heights, Charlton Heights, WV 25040
Hours of Operation: Wednesday 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Services: Assistance includes clothing for children 0 to 5 years of age, accessories such as cribs and care seats (as items are available), diapers and wipes. Also partners with WIC to provide baby formula, baby food and milk. Applicants must meet WIC income guidelines and criteria to review food and/or formula. Call to confirm before visiting
Fayette County Emergency Food
Address: Route 16 South, Fayetteville, WV 25480
Fayette County Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR)
Address: 1400 Virginia Street, Oak Hill, WV 25901
Hours of Operation: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm – Monday thru Friday
AIDS/STD/Hepatitis Program – Prevention through health education, training, risk reduction…more
Birth To Three – A statewide system of services and supports for children under age three…more
Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening – Public health program that helps uninsured or underinsured…more
Children and Adult Services – Provides protective services for adults, ages eighteen and older…more
Children’s Health Insurance (WVCHIP) – Provides health insurance to children who qualify…more
Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) – Electronic delivery of Food Stamp and WV WORKS monthly…more
Early Care and Education – Allows collaboration among DHHR, DOE, and the public over the Internet…more
Family Planning – Federal program devoted to the nation-wide provision of family planning services…more
HealthCheck – WV’s E.P.S.D.T – A child preventive health component of Medicaid…more
Health Statistics Center – Repository of vital records and health-related data sources…more
Help Me Grow – A FREE referral service that connects families with critical developmental resources for their children birth through five years.
Immunization Program – Prevents and controls vaccine-preventable diseases among children…more
Infectious Disease Epidemiology – Manage communicable disease threats through education…more
Infectious Medical Waste Program – Ensuring the protection of the public health, safety…more
Injury Prevention – Identify trends in needlestick and sharp object injuries…more
Newborn Metabolic Screening– Protect newborn infants from mental retardation and other…more
Older Youth Transition Plan – A guide that the youth/ youth’s worker Plan is as…more
Right From the Start– Programs to help obtain Medicaid coverage for yourself and baby…more
Rural Hospital Flex Program – Allows small hospitals the flexibility to reconfigure operations…more
SNAP – Provides monthly benefits to help eligible households buy food…more
Tobacco Prevention – Help participants quit tobacco, nicotine replacement therapy…more
WISEWOMAN Program – Provides low-income uninsured women, age 40 to 64 with knowledge…more
West Virginia Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (WVCLPPP) – WVCLPPP works to end childhood lead poisoning…more.
WV WORKS – Provides monthly cash assistance to eligible families…more
Fayetteville Baptist Church
Address: 104 Ankrom Street, Fayetteville WV 25840
Fayetteville United Methodist Church
Address: 120 High Street, Fayetteville, WV 25840
- Gathering Time – Come join us weekly to be fed physically and spiritually. We serve a continental breakfast. All ages are welcome. 2 times are available: 9:30 – 9:45 a.m. (Ends before Sunday School) and 10:30 – 10:45 a.m. (Ends before Worship)
- Community Chili Feed – The second Thursday of each month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. the church invites the community for a chili feed. This evening is a time of free food and fellowship. Donations are used to support local ministries. Cathedral Cafe’s famous white bean chicken chili and a variety of other delicious foods are offered.
- Food Pantry – Jesus has commanded us to feed the hungry. The food pantry is hosted on the fourth Thursday of each month from 10 am until noon with the exception of November and December those are the Thursdays before Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Good News Outreach Mission
Address: WV-20, Meadow Bridge, WV 25976
Services: Serving Meadow Bridge and surrounding areas (Fayette, Summers, and Greenbrier West Virginia). Help for economically challenged families.
Address: 383 Mall Road, Fayetteville, WV 25840
Hours of Operation: Monday -Saturday 9am-6pm; Sunday 12-5pm
Good Samaritan Center
Address: 108 Main Street, Oak Hill, WV 25901
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9am-2pm
Services: The Good Samaritan Center provides various items for babies that include diapers, wipes, baby furniture and clothing. Also available for clothing for men, women, and children. Household items are supplied as well as linens, curtains, dishes and furniture at times. Items are covered by 25 cent donation to the ministry. This covers all of Southern WV.
Meadow Bridge United Methodist Church
Address: 317 Main Street, Meadow Bridge, WV 25976
Services: supplies food sources as available/needed, first come first serve. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 9am-5pm
MIHOW Diaper Pantry
Address: New River Health Whipple Site, 57 Sutphin Lane, Scarbro, WV 25917
Phone: Natalie Burley, 304-469-2905 ext. 3343
Hours of Operation: Every Monday from 10am-2pm
Services: Parents/guardians can receive 15 diapers and a 12.5 oz can of powder formula weekly. Available for Fayette County Families only. Birth Certificate of child and Photo ID are needed to register.
Montgomery Presbyterian Church
Address: 400 4th Ave, Montgomery, WV 25136
Oak Hill Better Living Center (Thrift Store)
Address: 3270 Main Street East, Oak Hill, WV 25901
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 10am-5pm; Thursday 10am-6pm; Friday 10am-3pm; Saturday Closed; Sunday 12-5pm
Oak Hill United Methodist Church
Address: 250 Main St E, Oak Hill, WV 25901
- Housing Ministry, we host work teams who come in during the summer months who help those who come and minister to those who need repairs on their homes.
- Free Community Meal each week at 4:30 PM
- Food Pantry Ministry is hosted the 4th Wednesday of each month, except November & December when it is on the 3rd Wednesday.
- Back Pack Ministry
- Utility Assistance is available on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 am to 11:30 am.
Address: PO Box 3015, 613 South Kanawha Street, Beckley, WV 24801
Food for Angels and One Voice helps children throughout the Southern part of West Virginia. Each week we reach hundreds of students.
Typical FFA Bag
- PB Crackers
- Cereal Bars
- Ramen Noodles
- Pudding Cup
- Fruit Cup
- Gummy Snacks
- Chef Boyardee
Page Baptist Church
Address: Baptist Church Road, Kincaid, WV 25119
Putnam County Aging Program
Oak Hill Nutrition Site
108 Lewis Street, Oak Hill, WV 25901
Mary Bragg, Center Director
Meadow Bridge Nutrition Site
8910 Sewell Creek Road, Meadow Bridge, WV 25976
Center Director: Mary Bragg
Smithers Nutrition Site
518 Michigan Avenue, Smithers, WV 25186
Center Director: Betty Wood
Phone: (304) 465-8484
Services: Nutritious Meals, Home Delivered Meals (to eligible Seniors), Social Interaction, Exercise, Daily Telephoning, Guest Speakers, Health Screenings – Blood Pressure, Health Fairs, Letter Reading and/or Writing, Monthly Parties – Birthday and Holiday, Trips and Picnics, Computer Classes with Internet Access, Family Caregiver Support Progam, Non-Emergency Medical Transport
Address: 312 South Fayette Street, PO Box 1573, Beckley WV 25802
- Aid to Families
- Food & Nutrition Programs
- Emergency Shelter
- Casework Services
- Adult Day Care
- Senior Citizens Residences
- Christian Education
- Women’s Ministries
- Men’s Ministries
- Worship Services – Sunday School, Youth Ministries, Children’s / Teen, Church
- Music & Arts Programs
- Day Camp Activities
- Latchkey Programs
- Boys’ & Girls’ Club
- Character Building Programs
- Community Recreation & Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment
St. Peter and Paul Catholic Church
Address: 123 Elmore Street, Oak Hill, WV 25901
Services: provides food on as needed basis, must have a referral from DHHR/number of persons in home/proof of income. Clothing Attic is open 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from 4pm-6pm, no referral needed. Utility assistance is avaiable 1 time a year per family, must have a referral from DHHR/number of persons in home/proof of income.
Address: 1822 East Main Street, Oak Hill, WV 25901
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8am-12pm, 1pm-6pm; Friday Closed, Saturday Closed, Sunday Closed
Services: The Fayette County WIC program welcomes you to call them for an appointment to assist you and your family. They have the knowledge and healthy foods to nourish your family.
Fayette County staff offer services for pregnant women, infants and children up to the age of five years. In addition to their monthly food package, in the summer they offer farmer’s market coupons. They have breastfeeding classes and one-on-one nutritional consultations to help you make healthy food choices and give you information to establish healthy lifestyle habits.
Their goal is to help you have the best outcome for your pregnancy and to grow a healthy family. Pregnancy, babies, and children don’t come with an instruction manual and that is where WIC can make a difference. For assistance in Fayette County, please give them a call at their office at 304-465-5314 or call 1-888-454-3928, and they will give you information to pre-qualify you and make an appointment.
United Way of Southern West Virginia
Address: 110 Croft Street, PO Box 5456, Beckley, WV 25801
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
- WV 211 – gives information about organizations and programs that may help you, but 2-1-1 does not provide direct assistance. Rather, calls during business hours will be connected to the local Information and Referral Center where friendly, trained staff will assess your needs. During other hours, call center operators will search a database of available services.
- Equal Footing Shoe Fund – providing children in Fayette, Raleigh, Nicholas, Wyoming, McDowell, Mercer and Summers counties who are in need of shoes with new, athletic style shows. Children ages 1-18 who are residents of the 7 county service region.
- Anti-Hunger – partners with the West Virginia Department of Education Office of Child Nutrition to bring awareness to the issue of child hunger over the summer months and to support a thriving summer feeding program in Southern West Virginia. They hosted information sessions about sponsoring a Summer Feeding Site, connected individual volunteers to sites needing assistance, hosted trainings for Summer Feeding Site sponsors, and provided seed money for those wishing to start up a new summer feeding site.
- Literacy – partners with Mabscott and Cranberry-Prosperity Elementary Schools to provide volunteer readers on a monthly basis which helps to promote increased positivity towards reading and writing, as well as providing students with a positive adult role model. Additionally, each student in grades 2-5 at these schools receives their very own copy of the book that we read and discuss with them
- Healthy Babies – Schools, hospitals, churches or other community organizations can request a Healthy Babies Presentation from the United Way to learn about the issues many children in our area are facing as they are exposed to alcohol or drugs while developing in the womb, or physical abuse once they are born. These presentations are poignant and show how the need to support children and families in Southern West Virginia is stronger than ever. Presentations include information on: Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, and Shaken Baby.
Warm Hands from Warm Hearts
Address: 319 Main Street East, Oak Hill, WV 25901
Services: Weekly food pantry Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 5:30 pm – 8 pm
Warm Hands From Warm Hearts serves hot meals for the homeless and needy at Carpenter’s Corner at 104 Prince Street in Beckley, WV on the fourth Sunday of every month. In winter new socks and used jackets are given out to those who are in need when they are available. “Blessing Bags” containing personal care items donated by Minden Missionary Baptist Church are also given out.
The Food of Faith ministry provides food for 115 elementary age children in need from three local schools. This ministry provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner every Saturday and Sunday. You can help sponsor a child for $15 per month or by donating the items below at the Center of Hope at 319 Main Street East in Oak Hill, WV.
Items needed include: Ramen Noodles, Individual microwaveable Chef Boyardee pastas, Pop Tarts, Cereal Bars, Granola Bars, Individual Applesauce Cups, Individual Pudding Cups, Flavored Oatmeal, Single Cereal Servings, Cheese Crackers, Peanut Butter Crackers, Small Individual Cookie Packs, Goldfish Crackers, Fruit Snacks, Small Individual Chips or Pretzels, Small Individual Pringles, Rice Krispy Treats, Hot Chocolate Packets, Juice Boxes
West Virginia 211
Services: 24 HOURS A DAY. 7 DAYS A WEEK
You are not alone. Every day hundreds of people across West Virginia turn to 211 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health or disaster-related.
- Counseling + Mental Health
- Crisis + Emergency
- Domestic Violence
- Emergency+ Disaster Relief
- Human Trafficking
- Jobs + Education Reentry
- Shelters + Housing + Utilities
- Substance Abuse