Active Southern WV
Address: 116 North Heber Street, Suite B, Beckley WV 25801
Services: Our founders recognized that West Virginia was struggling with heart disease, diabetes, short life expectancy, drug abuse, and obesity. Public and private partners came together to support this non-profit organization, focused on improving those statistics and assisting local communities to improving health, increasing activity, and becoming the model for active living.
The New River Gorge Regional Development Authority helped launch Active Southern West Virginia, as a non-profit region-wide initiative to motivate area residents, businesses, schools and local governments to make physical activity a personal and regional priority. A healthy and active community will attract new businesses, tourism and jobs while developing a proud culture of wellness and physical activity in southern West Virginia.
- Establish local physical activity groups
- Generate opportunities for group exercise
- Provide new sporting events
- Provide strategies to improve small communities infrastructure
- Implement activities suggested by the community
- Assist businesses with healthy environmental and policy updates
- Assist schools with healthy living programs
- Provide family friendly activities
- Increase conversation about wellness
- Compliment adventure tourism by connecting residents to adventure recreation
Amedisys Home Health
Address: 5447 Maple Lane Suite A, Fayetteville WV 25840
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. Saturday and Sunday Open 24 hours
- Behavioral Health Nursing* (including cognitive and behavioral assessment)
- Care Transitions*
- Chronic Disease Management
- Fall Prevention
- Home Health Aides
- Infusion Therapy*
- Medical Social Work
- Medication Management
- Nursing Intervention and Medication Management for Patients with Uncontrolled Behaviors
- Nutritional Consult* (including in-home assessment)
- Occupational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Patient/Caregiver Training
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Physical Therapy
- Skilled Nursing
- Smooth Transition from Hospital Discharge to Home Health
- Speech Therapy
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing*
*These specialized services are offered at select care centers. Please call the number above to determine if this location offers these services.
Beckley ARH Hospital
Address: 306 Stanaford Road, Beckley, WV
Services: Beckley is the center of the healthcare industry in Raleigh and surrounding counties, with two general hospitals, a state-operated hospital, and a Veterans Administration Hospital. Beckley ARH Hospital is the second-largest provider in Raleigh County. Beckley ARH Hospital is a not-for-profit, 173-bed, acute-care facility (including 60 psychiatric beds) with a level IV Trauma Center Emergency Room.
- Behavioral Health
- Heart Care
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Rejuvenation Center
- Sleep Lab
- Wound Care
Cabin Creek Health Center
Address: 5722 Cabin Creek Road, Dawes, WV 25054
Hours of Operation: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8am to 5pm. Tuesday and Thursday 8am to 6pm. Saturday and Sunday Closed
Fayette County Health Department
Address: 202 Church Street, Fayetteville WV 25840
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8am to 4pm. Saturday and Sunday Closed
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Testing
- Immunizations for Children
- TB Assessments
- Blood Pressure Screening
Fayette Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Address: 100 Hresan Blvd, Fayetteville WV 25840
- Rehabilitation – Whether regaining your strength or recovering from surgery, our team of rehabilitation professionals will help you reach the highest level of independence as prescribed by a physician. Our Lifetree Therapy Company rehabilitation services include:
- Physical Therapy: to regain independence, strength, coordination and range of motion.
- Speech Therapy: to improve communication skills or to help manage swallowing disorders such as dysphagia.
- Occupational Therapy: to learn daily living skills such as dressing, hygiene and gaining independence before returning to home.
- Long-term care – Long-term care services at AMFM centers are designed to tailor and provide care for the elderly or others with a prolonged condition or illness. Our care teams are focused on providing a high level of care and comfort. From the clinical teams to social activities and environmental teams, we strive to ensure as homelike environment as possible.
- Lifetree Pharmacy Services – All pharmacy and medication services are provided by Lifetree Pharmacy Company and offers everything from infusion therapy to immunizations for patients in our AMFM centers.
- Lifetree Medical Services – Board Certified Nurse Practitioners working directly in AMFM centers with the patient’s doctor to monitor and manage medical conditions and needs. LMS may also provide:
- Sick/urgent care visits.
- Preventative visits.
- Wound care monitoring.
- Annual Physical Exam.
- Communication/education with patient and their family.
- Communication with hospital, community agencies and primary care doctor.
- Discharge visits – getting prescriptions and the patient ready to return home.
Address: 209 West Maple Avenue, Fayetteville WV 25840
- Primary Care – FMRS provides primary care services for adults who are also experiencing behavioral health issues. This integrated approach addresses the whole person. Addressing both physical and emotional wellbeing leads to a greater opportunity to feel good and live a longer, more satisfying life. A certified nurse practitioner provides primary healthcare, including annual health screening, women’s health exams, sick visits and chronic disease management. Care is coordinated with the behavioral health providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Health and Wellness – FMRS offers an innovative health and wellness program that brings together total health, exercise and nutrition. Group activities are available including walking, exercise, nutritional groups, gardening and health education. FMRS employs several Certified Smoking Cessation Specialists who are available to work with individuals toward eliminating tobacco use. This service can be provided in both individual and group sessions.
Genesis Health Care
Address: 106 Tyree Street, Ansted WV 25812
- ShortStay care
- LongTerm care
- Neurological care and rehabilitation
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation – including joint replacement, injuries and amputation
- Attending Physicians
- Registered Nurses
- IV Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- Audiology care
- Bariatric specialties
- Colostomy care
- Dementia care
- Dental care
- Personal care
- Pet therapy
- Physiatry services
- Podiatry care
- Vision care
- Wound care
- Hospice care
- Pain management
- Case management
- Dietary and nutrition needs management
- Discharge planning
- Individual treatment plans
- Medication management
- Coordinated transportation
- Cultural, educational, religious and social activities
- Recreation activities
MedExpress Urgent Care
Address: 5447 Maple Lane, Fayetteville WV 25840
Hours of Operation: Monday-Sunday 8am to 8pm
New River Health – Fayetteville
Address: 221 West Maple Avenue, Fayetteville WV 25840
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. Saturday and Sunday Closed
New River Health – Scarbro
Address: 908 Scarbro Road, Scarbro WV 25917
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8am to 5:30pm. Saturday 9am to 12:30pm. Sunday Closed
New River Health – Sophia
Address: 302 Main Street, Sophia WV 25921
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:20am to 5pm. Saturday and Sunday Closed
New River Health – Whipple
Address: 57 Sutphin Lane, Scarbro WV 25917
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8am to 5pm. Wednesday and Thursday 8am to 6pm. Saturday and Sunday Closed
Panhandle Support Services
Address: 140 Main Street, #4, Oak Hill WV 25901
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. Saturday and Sunday Closed
Services: Panhandle Support Services offers the most professional and caring in-home personal care and homemaking services in the state of West Virginia. Since 1991, we have provided superior, certified in-home support service to our customers and have assisted them in maintaining their daily routines.
To be eligible for the client program, you must have a current Medicaid card, be 18 years or older, be a permanent West Virginia resident, be approved as medically eligible for nursing home-level care, and choose to participate in the ADW program as an alternative to a nursing home.
Plateau Medical Center
Address: 430 Main Street, Oak Hill, WV 25901
Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours
- Diagnostic Imaging
Intensive Outpatient Group Therapy
Sleep Disorders Center
Plateau Medical Group
Address: 5495 Maple Lane, Fayetteville WV 25840
Rainelle Medical Center
Address: 176 Medical Center Drive, Rainelle, WV 25962
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. Saturday and Sunday Closed
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Health Education
- Black Lung Clinic
- Case Management
Raleigh General Hospital
Address: 1710 Harper Road, Beckley, WV 25801
- Advanced Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
- Emergency and Trauma Services
- Hospitalist Program
- Imaging Services
- Interventional Cardiac Care
- Interventional Pain Management
- Rehabilitation Services
- Respiratory Care
- Robotic Surgery
- Surgical Services
- Womens and Childrens
West Virginia Home Health Services
Address: 1 Hamilton Plaza, Oak Hill WV 25901
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5pm. Saturday and Sunday Closed
West Virginians for Affordable Health Care
Address: 600 Leon Sullivan Way, Suite 215, Charleston, WV 25301
Services: Our mission is to bring a consumer voice to public policy so that every West Virginian has quality, affordable health care and the opportunity to lead an informed, healthy and productive life.
We achieve our mission by:
- Working with partners to identify and advocate for positive public policy change.
- Developing and coordinating innovative public education programs.
- Protecting and preserving programs that serve our mission.
- Assisting individual consumers in navigating the health care system.
West Virginia 211
Services: 24 HOURS A DAY. 7 DAYS A WEEK
You are not alone. Every day hundreds of people across West Virginia turn to 211 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health or disaster-related.
- Counseling + Mental Health
- Crisis + Emergency
- Domestic Violence
- Emergency+ Disaster Relief
- Human Trafficking
- Jobs + Education Reentry
- Shelters + Housing + Utilities
- Substance Abuse