Adult & Teen Challenge – Appalachian Region
Address: 1651 Unity Road, Princeton WV 24739
Phone: 304-384-9074 or 304-384-3307
Services: provides the applicant with the option of enrolling either into our short term program or our long term program. Our short term program is 90 days in duration and our long-term program is another 9 months in duration once the student has completed the short term program.
Level 1, our short term 90 day induction program, is designed to provide a safe, disciplined, and regimented environment while the student recovers from the physical effects of their addiction to controlled substances. It should be noted that we are not a medical facility; therefore, we highly recommend that before coming here, the applicant receive detoxification at a medical facility if he/she feels the need to do so. The Program Director and his staff will determine the student’s acceptance into Levels 2&3 based on their cooperation while they participated in the induction phase of the program.
Alpha Chemical Dependency Treatment Unit from Valley Healthcare System
Address: 100 Crosswind Drive, Fairmont, WV 26554
Phone: 304-363-2228 ext 4330
Services: Community-based residential addiction treatment program for adult male and females with a primary diagnosis of chemical dependence. It is a highly-structured program with a specialized multi-disciplinary team that addresses the physical, mental, social and spiritual aspects of recovery from addiction.
Appalachian Community Health Center
Address: 725 Yokum Street, Elkins WV 26241
Phone: 304-636-3232 or Toll Free 1-888-357-3232
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
- Children – Counseling for children, teens, and families, Case Management, Psychiatric Services, Diagnostic Assessment, Emergency Services, CAPS Evaluation
- Mental Health – Comprehensive Community Support Services, Outpatient Services, Case Management, Care Coordination, Psychiatric Services, Diagnostic Assessments, Mental Hygiene, Emergency Services, Community Engagement, Drop-In
- Intellectual Disability – I/DD – Life Skills Day Programming, Pre Vocational Skill Training, I/DD Waiver Program, Service Coordination, Therapeutic Consultation, Psychiatric Services, Emergency Services
- Substance Abuse – Individual and Family Counseling, Community Education Programs, Industry Consultation, DUI Classes, Intensive Outpatient Program, Psychiatric Services, Diagnostic Assessment, Mental Hygiene, Emergency Services, Recovery Coach, Drop-In
- Consultation and Education – Stress workshops, Consultation with Business and Industry, Speakers’ Bureau, Critical Incident Response
Beckley Treatment Center
Address: 175 Philport Lane Beaver, WV 25813
Services: Beckley Comprehensive Treatment Center is a leading provider of medication assisted treatment to individuals, aged 18 and older, who are struggling with an addiction to opioids. We provide all-inclusive care that utilizes both therapeutic interventions, along with specific prescription medications, to target the emotional and physical components of addiction.
Beckley Comprehensive Treatment Center’s team of physicians, nurses, and counselors provide a safe and compassionate environment for our patients. Our staff works with patients on an individual basis in order to create a customized plan of treatment to overcome their addiction to prescription painkillers, heroin, or morphine. Our team ensures that each patient receives the highest quality of care possible by closely monitoring the prescription and administration of medications used within our medication assisted treatment program. Medications used within Beckley Comprehensive Treatment Center’s program include:
The specific medication used will depend on the individual needs of each client, as well as their status of health. Our qualified physicians work with patients to determine the specific dosages to be used, as well as any changes that may need to be made throughout the course of treatment.
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginia’s
Address: 1333 Southview Drive, Bluefield WV 24701
Hours of Operation: Open 24 Hours
Services: At The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginia’s, an affiliate of Princeton Community Hospital, we can help. We offer a variety of services provided in our state-of-the-art facility that are designed to assure dignity and respect for our patients.
- Adult Inpatient Program – Our 34-bed unit offers a secure healing environment for adults age 18 and older who face psychiatric or emotional difficulties requiring hospitalization.
- Traditional Outpatient Program – This program offers traditional outpatient psychiatric medication management and individual and/or family counseling services.
- Partial Hospitalization Program – Designed to provide supportive group counseling for adults age 18 and older transitioning from an inpatient stay or to address a need that may prevent an inpatient stay, this program operates five days a week. Patients attend group sessions four hours per day, five days per week, and receive psychiatric services weekly. Transportation may be provided.
- Structured Outpatient Program – Offering supportive group counseling for adults 18 and older transitioning from an inpatient stay or to address a need that may prevent an inpatient stay, this program operates three days per week. Patients attend group sessions three hours per day, two to three days each week, and receive psychiatric services monthly. Transportation may be provided.
- Professional Team – Board-certified psychiatrists and a professionally trained team of behavioral health professionals provide and deliver quality behavioral health services. Our staff includes: psychiatrists, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, licensed social workers, mental health technicians and an activities coordinator.
- Maternal Mental Health Clinic – The Maternal Mental Health Clinic provides assessment and treatment, both with medication and psychotherapy, for women with a variety of needs, including depression and anxiety in pregnancy.
Brian’s Safe House
Address: 368 Dearing Drive, Mt. Hope WV 25880
Services: Brian’s Safehouse is a place where men, who are fighting against addiction, can experience the life restoring powers of God in an environment free from the temptations of drugs and alcohol. We are a 12 month, inpatient program with a closed campus. Our program is Biblically based, acknowledging that complete restoration comes through Jesus Christ. We teach residents emotional, spiritual, and practical life skills. Individualized treatment plans address underlying issues as well as focus on the resident’s strengths and potential. We strive to enable residents to reenter society as responsible, contributing citizens.
Crossroads for Women
Address: 326 Route 80, PO Box 1385, Gilbert WV 25621
Services: Crossroads Recovery Home is a 12 bed facility for women which is dedicated to providing a home for women who are recovering from substance abuse. We will provide a safe and enriching environment free from drugs, alcohol, and violence where mutual support will be a key to recovery.
Any woman expressing a sincere desire to stay “clean and sober” may be eligible for admission for placement in the home. Each individual must meet certain requirements before being accepted as a resident. Upon meeting these criteria, an individual can be accepted into the home without regard to race, nationality, disability, or religious background.
EastRidge Health Systems
Berkeley County – 235 South Water Street Martinsburg WV 25401
Jefferson County – 340 Edmond Road, Suite D, Kearneysville WV 25430
Morgan County- 89 Sugar Hollow Road, PO Box 637, Berkeley Springs WV 25411
Berkeley – 304-263-8954
Jefferson – 304-725-7565
Morgan – 304-258-2889
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Services – For adults and adolescents, outpatient substance abuse services include assessment, diagnosis, intervention, individual, group and family therapy, and pharmacological management. Clinicians serving adolescents also work with local school systems to provide services to youth engaged in or at risk of alcohol or drug abuse.
- WV DUI Safety & Treatment Program – Provide education and treatment for Driving Under the Influence (DUI) offenders under contract with the West Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. Persons who have lost their driving privileges through DUI charges receive a substance abuse evaluation, 18 hours of education and therapy services as needed.
- Suboxone Services – For individuals with opiate dependence, Suboxone assists with withdrawal and abstinence. Participation in group and individual therapy is required.
Address: 209 West Maple Avenue, Fayetteville WV 25840
- MOTHER – The MOTHER Program is an intensive residential treatment program geared toward women aged 18 and over who suffer from an identified substance use disorder(s) and/or a mental health disorder. The typical client may suffer from family stress, financial burdens, employment issues, legal issues, and health issues as a result of her substance use disorder. The length of stay is determined on an individual basis. Treatment interventions include twice-daily participation in group therapy, individual sessions with a therapist, frequent and random drug screens, and recovery-based activities, including NA/AA meetings. This program also provides access to medical and psychiatric services as needed.
- LEARN – The LEARN Program is a residential treatment program for men ages 18 and older who are experiencing difficulties in several areas of their life due to substance use. The length of stay is individually determined. Generally, this option is reserved for men who have a weak support system in place to assist in their recovery planning. They may not have friends and family who do not use or who will choose to be in their life at the present time. They are likely experiencing difficulty with finances, work, family, and perhaps health. They may have tried other forms of treatment or tried to quit on their own with little success. The program provides a structured environment, individual and group counseling services daily, and assistance with building a substance-free lifestyle. The staff is highly qualified and the program includes a complete assessment, detox if needed, and treatment for any other physical or mental health disorders. When a wait list is in place, preference is given to men who are injecting drugs of abuse.
- Turning Pointe – Turning Pointe is an intensive residential treatment program tailored to address the needs of pregnant and post-partum women (up to 12 months) with identified substance use disorders and/or co-occurring mental health diagnoses. The typical client may suffer from family stress, financial burdens, employment issues, legal issues, and health issues as a result of her substance use disorder. The length of stay is determined on an individual basis. Treatment interventions include twice-daily participation in group therapy, individual sessions with a therapist, frequent and random drug screens, and recovery-based activities, including NA/AA meetings. Parenting skills are also developed at Turning Pointe and clients are linked with appropriate community resources to encourage ongoing growth following completion of treatment. This program also provides access to medical and psychiatric services as needed.
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Services – Outpatient treatment is a good option for those whose substance use is just beginning or for those youth returning home from more intensive treatment. This allows the young person to remain at home, while receiving individual and supportive group sessions; teaching healthy coping strategies to deal with the pressures of young adulthood. Adolescents (14 years and older) may seek treatment for substance use disorders without parental permission.
- Intensive Outpatient – Intensive outpatient treatment is an excellent option for those whose substance use is beginning to interfere with some aspects of their life, such as their job, family or financial situation, but who feel they live in a supportive environment. This allows you to remain at home, yet get a more intense treatment experience than just attending individual therapy or support groups. The length of stay is determined on an individual basis and is available to men, women, and pregnant women who are 18 years of age and older. This program also provides access to medical and psychiatric services as needed. To obtain more information or to make a referral please use our online referral submission and one of our case managers will contact you on the next business day or call 304-256-7100.
- Outpatient – Outpatient services (ASAM Level of Care 1) are available to individuals who are able to access appropriate supports in their community, and may be working or have family obligations. Therapy services are provided at a level which is appropriate for the individual, but typically are weekly and include a combination of group and individual therapy sessions. Clients who have been using substances such as opiates, benzodiazepines, and/or alcohol may be offered participation in a withdrawal management program before outpatient services are started.
- DUI Safety and Treatment – FMRS provides the WV DUI Safety and Treatment Program through an agreement with the State of WV. Classes are offered in Fayette County on Thursday afternoons. Each class is provided to ensure participants meet the requirements of the State of WV. If the DUI occurred in another state, we work to meet that state’s particular requirements. Please call 304-256-7100 for information about fees, dates for upcoming classes and other information that may help in regaining a valid driver’s license.
- Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT) – Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Services include the use of medications, such as Suboxone, Vivitrol, or Naltrexone in addition to counseling to treat severe opioid use problems. MAT may be offered as a treatment option within any of the FMRS substance use treatment programs. MAT would include a minimum of weekly group counseling, monthly individual counseling and all participants are seen by the physician weekly. Regular urine drug screens are completed through an on-site laboratory. An initial evaluation will determine of MAT is an appropriate option for each referral.
Legends & Crisis Respite Unit from Southern Highlands
Crisis Respite Unit
325 Mercer Street, Princeton WV 24740
327 Mercer Street, Princeton WV 24740
Services: Our Crisis Respite and LEGENDS programs share a building at the historic end of Mercer St. in downtown Princeton. The Crisis Respite Unit, located at 325 Mercer Street, has been recently renovated and boasts six private rooms (two with hospital beds available), 24/7 LPN staffing, and a homelike setting. Upstairs, at 327 Mercer Street, our LEGENDS program offers 11 private rooms, exercise facilities, and a day room.
New Beginnings Extended Care Program for Women from Valley Healthcare Systems
Address: 820 Elysian Avenue, Morgantown, WV 26501
Phone: 304-363-2228 ext 4330
Services: A specialized extended care program for adult women with a primary diagnosis of chemical dependence that focuses on long-term problems of abuse and the special needs of women in recovery.The program is voluntary but has an initial 12-week commitment phase that can be flexed depending on the specific needs of each resident.
Prestera Addictions Recovery Center East
Address: 96 MacCorkle Avenue, South Charleston WV 25303
Address: 501 Morris Street, Charleston WV 25301
Services: Prestera’s addictions treatment services is a full continuum of care that includes outpatient services, short and long term residential programs, medically monitored detoxification and transitional living programs which helps provide a safe transition for consumers reentering the community.
Prestera Center offers mental health and addiction recovery services for individuals with co-occurring disorders.
Prestera Center also offers the West Virginia DUI Safety and Treatment Program for the West Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles and can provide assessments and services that meet the state requirements for becoming a licensed driver again.
River Park Hospital
Address: 1230 6th Avenue, Huntington WV 25701
Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours
Services: River Park Hospital offers three distinct acute inpatient care programs that focus on providing thorough assessment, stabilization and treatment of patients ages 4 and up who might be experiencing emotional distress or exhibiting signs of mental health issues.
- Children & Adolescent Inpatient Program: Treats patients ages 4 to 17, although younger children may be admitted with a physician’s approval. The program helps children and their families through individualized assessment, stabilization and discharge planning for long-term health and growth for each patient.
- 30-Day Adolescent Chemical Dependency Program: A short-term program that focuses on trauma-focused therapy modalities to get at the root causes of substance abuse and help young patients break the larger cycle of addiction.
- Adult Inpatient Program: Treatment is designed to help adults ages 18 and older focus on specific problems and solution development to help stop certain cycles that may lead to further emotional distress and mental health issues. The estimated length of stay is between seven and ten days.
Seneca Health Services
Address: 1 Stevens Road, Summersville WV 26651
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. Saturday and Sunday Closed
Services: Our professional staff of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, therapists, nurses, case managers, and other professional staff are dedicated to improving our patients’ mental health. We help people feel better and live successful lives. We respect diversity and offer specialized services to address the needs of our individual patients.
Services We Offer
- Advocacy and Connection to Other Service Providers: We advocate for our patients’ mental health. If we cannot meet their needs, we work to refer them to a service provider who can.
- Medication Management: We have psychiatric medical providers who can recommend and monitor prescription medications if needed.
- Professional Counseling: Our experienced, therapists help people discover strategies and tools to change unhealthy thoughts and behaviors and to manage life’s difficulties. Individual and group counseling available.
- Crisis Assistance: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year, we are available for psychiatric emergencies as they arise.
- Crisis Stabilization & Detoxification Services: Crosswinds Center is a short term crisis stabilization and detox unit. The residential treatment program located in Maxwelton West Virginia offers single occupancy rooms with private baths. Treatment includes daily psychiatric medical rounds, individual and/or group therapy, round the clock nursing services and protective oversight by behavioral health technicians. Admission with physician approval.
We offer our services through the following broad programs:
- Mental Health Treatment
- Adult Outpatient Services
- Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services
- Adolescent Substance Abuse
- Adult Substance Abuse
- Development Disabilities Treatment
Address: PO Box 1122, Beckley WV 25802
Services: Sparrow’s Nest is a place where women who are battling addiction can encounter the life restoring powers of God in an environment free from the temptations of drugs and alcohol. Our program teaches residents emotional, spiritual, and practical life skills. We strive to enable residents to reenter society as responsible, contributing citizens. We also address underlying issues while highlighting the resident’s strengths and potentials. Sparrow’s Nest is a safe place where women can make a complete change in lifestyle. Our residential program is a 12 month, in-patient, very structured program.
Westbrook Health Services
Address: 2121 East Seventh Street, Parkersburg, WV 26101
Phone: 304-485-1721 (office)
Crisis Lines: 304-485-1725 or 800-579-5844
Services: At Westbrook Health Services, our team of professionals understands the challenges of recovery. We know that addiction affects not only the individual but the family as well. Working with both the individual and family, Westbrook can help you and your loved one achieve freedom from addiction. There is hope, there is help, at Westbrook Health Services.
Substance Abuse Treatment Services include:
- Addiction Counseling
- Inpatient Detox and Crisis Stabilization Program
- 28 Day Treatment Program
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- DUI Safety and Treatment Program
- Problem Gambling Treatment
- Prevention Services
Williamson Comprehensive Treatment Center
Address: 1609 West 3rd Avenue, Williamson WV 25661
Hours of Operation: Monday 5am-2:30pm, Tuesday 5am-2:30pm, Wednesday 5am-1pm, Thursday 5am-2:30pm, Friday 5am-2:30pm, Saturday 6am-10am, Sunday 6am-9am
Services: Williamson Comprehensive Treatment Center, a leader in medication-assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction, offers treatment options for women and men who are ages 18 and older. Providing full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, Williamson Comprehensive Treatment Center is prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
Williamson Comprehensive Treatment Center is happy to offer patients a warm and protected environment run by our staff of knowledgeable counselors, physicians, and nurses. Patients who are grappling with an addiction to opioids, such as heroin, morphine, or prescription painkillers will receive top-notch care from our dedicated and sympathetic staff members who are devoted to monitoring a patient’s progress. For example, our staff monitors the medication that each patient is taking, as well as the administration of that medication. At Williamson Comprehensive Treatment Center, we provide a variety of different medications to help treat an opioid addiction, such as:
Both the type of medication and the dosage will be determined based on a patient’s unique needs, as well as the state of his or her health. Certain dosages will be recommended, however, there may be a fluctuation in dosages throughout the process if a patient’s needs call for it. All dosages, medication recommendations, and changes will be decided by one of our physicians.